Click here for more information about the organising, scientific and local support committees.
Click here to register for the conference and to submit abstracts for presentations.
For more information about the venue and Istanbul itself see this section.
The Programme will be announced here in due course.
The First International Conference on Dog Population Management was held in 2012. On behalf of the organising committee we warmly invite you to attend the 2nd International Conference on Dog Population Management 2015 and also call for abstracts.
Humane, effective and sustainable dog population management (DPM) is a challenge worldwide. Dogs play an important role as companion and work animals but are also a major source of concern for the transmission of rabies and other zoonoses and for attacks on people and livestock. The main objective of the conference is to bring the public sector together with specialists in animal welfare, animal health and education, ecologists, economists and social scientists.
Specific aims are:
* To facilitate discussions and sharing of information on DPM among stakeholders;
* To promote awareness of novel approaches to DPM
* To encourage inter-sectoral collaboration, innovation and policy development
* To provide evidence-based information for effective, humane DPM;
* To promote animal and human health and wellbeing by reducing the incidence of zoonoses and the environmental impacts associated with dog population control.
The main outcomes of the conference will be:
* increased awareness of innovative approaches for countries and research groups;
* dissemination of the results of research and practical applications between scientists, stakeholders and policy makers;
* enhanced prospects of decreasing the economic burden of rabies and other zoonoses through the use of evidence-based methodologies;
* demonstration of the benefits of the One Health approach to animal, human and environmental welfare.
To express interest in registering as a delegate or in submitting an abstract please go to the registration page.
The conference is organised by the ICAM (International Companion Animal Management) coalition with endorsement from the International Governmental Organisations listed above. The ICAM coalition’s mission statement is to support the development and use of humane and effective companion animal population management worldwide. The ICAM goals are to share ideas and data; to discuss issues relevant to population management and welfare; to agree definitions and hence improve understanding and to provide guidance as a collegial and cohesive group.
Share with a colleague. Please pass the website address – www.dogpopulationmanagement2015.co.uk – to interested colleagues. To receive further information, please email email@example.com